Most think of summer as the end of the trout game until fall. That is soooo wrong. We have more than a few cold waters that we visit every week during the "off season". There are a couple things to keep in mind to make the most of summer sessions.
- Hydrate. Water. Drink it pre session, during and after. We see clients crash all the time due to simply not staying hydrated.
- Toss the waders. Shorts are cooler. Pants for the evening hatch.
- Dry fly presentations need to be your best. Long leaders, light tippet and a smooth drag.
- Buff, high colared shirt and sun gloves go a long ways in keeping the sun at bay.
- Start either in the dark or finish in the dark. Invest in a good, solid headlamp.
- After fishing a deep attractive looking pool. Swim in it. Hey it's summer right? Take advantage of instant cooling.
- Stash a few barley pops in the cooler for post fishing B.S. meetings.