"What are you gonna do with that rod here'"?("Fish water you couldn't reach".)
We get asked that question often. Spey casting/fishing is just another tool in the box. A very effective tool in the right hands. After the last few seasons of high water , spey gear and techniques proved to be the key to successful fishing or going home and whining.
This is why we like spey:
- It is not that difficult to learn. Learn four basic casts and your in the game. Spey casts transfer to one handed casting easily(you will become a better caster).
- Control. Your mends are impressive and you have better control of your fly.
- Fishing sink tips and larger flies is easier.
- Like swinging wets and streamers? This is THE tool.
- Fish a larger river like the Kennebec efficiently and with confidence.
- It's really fun.